Sunday, October 08, 2006

Welcome to It's gotta be rock and roll music

About this site:

I am an avid music listener in my early thirties. My tastes are varied and lean towards rock and pop. The very first single I remember owning was Billy Joel's "She's Always a Woman." In my teens I got into the Beatles. From there I moved onto classic rock, all the while listening to the top 40 hits of the day. My tastes also lean towards the heavier stuff, such as Rage Against the Machine. Growing up in Oklahoma has also given me an appreciation of some country, mainly the stuff that is still close to the genre's roots, or a few alt country acts like Wilco or Son Volt. So how can I summarize my tastes? Anything with a good guitar and vocals. It just has to hit me right. I love my music to have its own unique sound.

I hope this site will be a place to draw together people who just like music. I intend my music reviews to be about how the music makes me feel, and what makes it stand out from just any other album. I also hope for my readers to submit their own reviews, and I will add them to the page. You can send your reviews to TSteeleMusic@hotmail.com. I reserve the right to edit reviews for grammar or punctuation.

I will mostly be reviewing stuff I like, and explaining why I like it. I will also be reviewing stuff I think I will like and explain whether I did or didn't. Hopefully it will introduce those of you with similar tastes to new music. I originally planned on a simple rating system but eventually decided against it. I don't like saying this music is better than this music, and I really want this site to be more of a focus of WHY something is appealing instead of whether it is or not.
While the emphasis will be on new music, occasionally I will review classic albums that are favorites of mine and explain why they're a favorite.

Enjoy the site!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home